Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Welcome post

Welcome to In Stories and In Bones. The title of this blog comes from the song One Green Hill by the British group Oysterband and as a title, it speaks to what I'd like to accomplish in this space.

I'd like to build this blog into an environment for deliberately deconstructing stories and ballads, and looking at the tropes we use to underlie all communication. I'd also like to talk about archetypes, story telling techniques, how we write and rewrite the stories we love to tell, and also talk about my theory of reductionist storytelling.

Sometimes I'll present an idea of my own, and sometimes I'll be bringing in guest writers. I hope you'll read and comment and talk about stories, because that's why we're here: Tell stories, write them, edit them, cut them up and make them your own, and then tell them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment